The 2018 Congressional Foster Youth Shadow Program application is now open! That’s right, we’re accepting submissions from former foster youth (ages 18-30) across the United States with leadership potential and a drive for change! Individuals who are interested in using their voices to improve the foster care system for all youth and families are encouraged to apply. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please complete and/or share the application. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 28th.
You can find out more about the Shadow Day experience on our website or contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK THE LINK below to complete the 2018 Congressional Foster Youth Shadow Day Program Application:APPLY NOW
Dates: May 20th – May 24th 2018
Location: Washington, D.C.
Cost: This is an all-expenses-paid trip (a.k.a. FREE!)
- Must be 18-30 years old on or before May 20th, 2018
- Must have direct experience in an out-of-home placement (foster care, group home, kinship home, etc.)
- Must have a willingness to learn, as well as play a leadership role for youth and alumni of foster care
- Must be available on Sunday, May 20th through Thursday, May 24th
- Must be willing to be interviewed
- Must be open to shadowing a Member of Congress whose political party and/or views may vary from your own
- Must be willing to remain engaged in ongoing advocacy for foster youth after the Shadow Program.
- Have a government issued picture ID (needed for travel)
Selection Notification: All applicants will be notified, whether or not you are selected, by March 30th.